provocation leads to longevity of ideology
- Rx combinators like flatMap etc take in promises and array etc iterables and treat them as observables
- RxJS is primitive and framework agnostic
- Angular2 uses it to emit events in forms and in Http stack
- Promises can be converted to obs using Promise.toObs
- to make Obs made from a Promise work with async await, simply susbs to this obs with forEach() so now it’s non cancelable and so when it completes, it resolves the promise, so say await Obs.forEach().
- Rx has a AJAX stack in the lib for http webSockets etc.
- Rx5 is rewrite for better perf by 5-10x and debuggability and comply with ES7 spec and is modular from ground up
- Post ES7, Rx would be useful for combinators
- Backpressure ie server getting backed up with events while Observer is processing is not well handled by RxJS
- This will be resolved in future with things like Reactive Streams
- Web Socket integration with Rx is also planned
- Rx is good use case for when you have a = b+ c and you want a to update when b or changes
- Rx is useful for any value that changes over time and their interactions. So, in above eg. a is derived stream from b and c streams of events
- Few lines of Rx can implement the Redux Standard
- Propaganda of the deed (or propaganda by the deed, from the French propagande par le fait) is specific political action meant to be exemplary to others. It is primarily associated with acts of left terrorism of the late 19th and early 20th century but also had non-violent applications.